Covid- 19 or coronavirus second wave is unanimously declared and cases increasing rapidly and almost the whole country is in the grasp of this virus, the Government, health organizations, and local administration has imposed lockdown, suggesting few important things to do during Covid 19 or Corona virus including asking to follow strict social distancing norms and to stay at home until it’s not an emergency to go out.
The ministry of Health has equally given the same importance to increasing your body immunity and has strong mental health to fight with this Coronavirus.
Below are some steps which will undoubtedly help you to increase your body immunity and to naturally have good mental health in this lockdown:
Below are few very important things to do during Covid 19 or Coronavirus to increase your body immunity and to have good mental health during this crisis.
1. Wear Mask
As lockdown is imposed and typically stay at your home is widely suggest but still, there is some section of people who have to go outside because of the nature of their jobs (Like essential services), have to go outside to purchase groceries or family members of patients have to go outside.
If you have to outside then wearing a mask is the most Important things to do during Covid 19 or Coronavirus and wear it properly is also equally important.
How to wear mask properly:
• Before putting on a mask, make sure to clean hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
• Cover mouth and nose with mask and confirm there are not any gaps between your face and therefore the mask.
• Avoid touching the mask while using it; if you are doing, clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
• Replace the mask with a replacement one as soon as possible because it is damp and don’t re-use single-use masks.
• to get rid of the mask: remove it from behind – don’t touch the front of mask; discard immediately during a closed bin; clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
It’s recommended to have an N95 mask without a valve but because of the price of the N95 mask, it’s not budget-friendly for everyone to change the N95 mask frequently another most efficient way is to wear a double mask with a possible combination of Surgical masks and cloth mask.
Below you can properly understand the percentage of protection mask typically gives.
So one of the most important things to do during Covid 19 or Coronavirus is to wear Mask and if it’s not N95 then wear double mask.
Watch Video – How to wear a Double mask properly
2. Boost the immunity to fight Covid 19 or Coronavirus
It’s Important to stay at home if have to go outside then to wear a mask and to follow social distancing but boosting your immunity and having a healthy lifestyle is also equally important things to do during Covid 19 or Coronavirus
Below are some simple steps to boost your immunity:
A. Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) Juice or tablets
A very simple, herbal effective way to boost your immunity is to have Giloy juice or tablets and it in reach of everyone and easily available in every general store and now almost every ayurvedic company is coming up with their Giloy juice or Tablets.
Giloy has been used to increase the number of platelets and boost the immunity against Dengue Virus for ages.
Giloy is a local plant that you can easily access in your local neighborhood you can simply boil its stem with few leaves of Tulsi and have a kadha it will surely help to increase your immunity.
Below is some Link for the Giloy Juice which I have used personally.
WHO mentioned in its study that Obesity, hypertension, and cardiovascular disease increase the risk of becoming severely ill from COVID-19. As per their study done in France, as they the find that the odds of developing severe COVID-19 was seven times higher in patients with obesity
To do at least 15-30 minutes of yogic breathing exercises and asanas to control obesity It is a very important thing to do during Covid 19 or Coronavirus and to make lungs healthy as we all know that Coronavirus impact the breathing capacity of Lungs.
Below is a very simple and effective yogic exercise through which you can increase your lung breathing capacity naturally which is an important thing to do during Covid 19 or Coronavirus.
B.1 Kapalbhati Pranayam
The word kapalbhati is formed from two words: Kapal meaning ‘skull’ (including all the organs under the skull too) and Bhati meaning ‘shining, illuminating’. Due to the method, the organs under the skull mainly the brain and therefore the small brain are influenced during a good manner. Kapalbhati pranayama helps to detoxify lungs and respiratory tracts boost the ample supply of oxygen and purify the blood.
How to practice Kapalbhati Pranayama:
• Sit comfortably with your spine erect. Gently place your hands on the knees.
• Gently take a deep breath in.
• As you exhale, gently pull your navel back towards the spine.
• As you relax the navel and abdomen, the breath flows into your lungs automatically.
• Take 10-20 such breaths to complete one set of Kapal Bhati Pranayama.
You can start Kapalbhati Pranayama by doing this for 2-3 minutes and gradually increase this to 5-10 minutes.
B.2 Anulom vilom or Nadi Shodhan Pranayam
Anulom vilom or Nadi Shodhan Pranayam is a type of controlled breathing (pranayama) in the practice of yoga. It involves holding one nostril closed while inhaling, then holding the opposite nostril closed while exhaling. The process is then reversed and repeated.
Anulom Vilom or Nadi Shodhan Pranayam has many physical and psychological benefits, including stress reduction and improved breathing and Oxygen circulation.
How to practice Anulom Vilom or Nadi Shodhan Pranayam:
• Sit comfortably, Keep your spine and neck straight and close your eyes.
• Start together with your outer wrists resting on your knees.
• Using your right thump , fold your middle and index fingers toward your palm.
• Place your thumb on your right nostril and your annualry on the left nostril.
• Close your right nostril together with your thumb and inhale through your left nostril, slowly and deeply, until your lungs are full. Focus on your breathing.
• Next, release your thumb and shut your left nostril together with your annualry .
• Exhale slowly through the right nostril.
• Now roll in the hay in reverse, this point inhaling through the proper nostril and exhaling through the left.
You can start Anulom Vilom or Nadi Shodhan Pranayam by doing this for 2-3 minutes and gradually increase this to 5-10 minutes.
B3. Bhramari Pranayama
The Bhramari Pranayama is named on Black Indian Bee, Bhramari. The sound which comes when we exhale while practicing this asana resembles the humming sound of a bee in the throat cartilage and so, it is called Bhramari Pranayama.
Bhramari Pranayama the best cure for stress, lowers one’s blood pressure, thus relieving hypertension. It soothes the nerves and also studies suggest prevents heart blockages
How to Practice Bhramari Pranayama:
• Sit comfortably, Keep your spine and neck straight and close your eyesClose your eyes and keep your lips and your teeth slightly apart.
• Now bring your thumbs to your ears, and gently close them. The other fingers will rest on the crown, opened up over it.
• inhale slowly through your nostrils, then exhale slowly emulating a gentle , low-pitched ‘hmmm’ as a bee makes at the rear of your throat cartilage.
Watch Video Below:
You can start with doing Bhramari Pranayama for 2-3 minutes and gradually increase this to 5-10 minutes.
3. Maintain Mental Health
While managing a situation just like the COVID-19 outbreak, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed and worried. Focusing on the way to slow the spread of the virus is vital for our physical health; however, identifying ways to manage our psychological state is additionally crucial and an important thing to do during Covid 19 or Coronavirus.
People can experience increased feelings of anxiety, powerlessness, and impatience, irritability, as they then or frustration. People can also experience a sense of scarcity or can be concerned about increased stigmatization. people can feel uncertainty about their future or worry about isolation amidst rapidly changing schedules and social plans.
While feeling worried is normal and expected, There are many ways to avoid such thoughts and to maintain good mental health which is also very important things to do during Covid 19 or Coronavirus :
Below are few ways you can have good mental health and stay positive :
1. Spend Quality time with family and get into family discussions
2. Try to involve yourself in Daily activities like gardening, cleaning, cooking to help to reduce anxiety.
3. Entertain yourself spend time playing indoors games, music, reading, watching movies, etc.
4. Be connected with your loved ones, friends, and colleagues through call or video calls to keep the stress and anxiety away.
5. Spend some time exercising, yoga to boost your physical and mental health.
6. Most Important watch limited News, and seek pieces of information and news through proper channels only.
4. Diet to Boost Immunity amidst Covid
Diet is very important to boost your immunity amidst of covid and below are the general suggestion of diet suggest by Government of India to boost your immunity which is most Important things to do during Covid 19 or Coronavirus.
• The main focus for COVID patients should be to consume foods that would help rebuild muscles’ has immunity and energy levels.
• They ought to eat whole grains like ragi, oats, and amaranth.
• Good sources of protein like chicken, fish, eggs, paneer, soy, nuts, and seeds are highly recommended.
• Healthy fats like walnuts, almonds, olive oil, and mustard oil are recommended.
• Regular physical activity (yoga) and breathing exercise (Pranayam ) they advised they as per tolerance.
• 5 servings of colored fruits and vegetables to urge adequate vitamins and minerals are recommended.
• Small amounts of bittersweet chocolate with a minimum of 70 percent cocoa to urge obviate anxiety.
• Take turmeric milk once each day to spice up immunity.
• 4. Eat soft foods at small intervals and add amchoor within the food.
Covid 19 has certainly brought us in mid of a situation where we have to make changes in our lifestyle and food habits.Above we have mentioned a list of few important things to do during Covid 19 or CoronaVirus hoping that this information will help you to be strong in terms of immunity and mental health.